Poolservice123, CPO, CPI, CBP
Experience:  40+ yrs, NSPF Instructor, NC Licensed SwimPool Contractor

I have a Jacuzzi Platinum tub. I am getting the FLO error

Customer Question

I have a Jacuzzi Platinum tub. I am getting the FLO error code. I have replaced the filters and the flow switch. I have also shot water down where the filters go and cleaned out the circulating pump. All jets work. The flo code goes away when I turn the jets on either low or high and the tub starts to heat up. When I turn the jets off the FLO code comes back and the heater stops working.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Is there anything else important you think the Pool Technician should know?
Customer: The tub has a new circuit board - 2 years ago, everything seems to be working. I'm wondering if it's the circulation pump but I don't know how to check it.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Pool Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Poolservice123 replied 5 months ago.
since you are not heating as well that is a tell tale sign of the circ pump. I would check the check valve for trash however before replacing the pump. Sometimes they get trash in them and that restricts the flow as well.
If you do need to replace the pump you will need the information off the pump. Get amps, hp etc. Also look to see if the connections are barbed or slip. Best thing is to take a picture of it close up for information and then off a little - not too close as it blurs.