poolguy810
poolguy810, owner - pool and spa service company
Experience:  Servicing pools and all brands of spas for over 28 years.
32482502

I have a h***** *****te 2 that had a defective igniter so

Customer Question

I have a h***** *****te 2 that had a defective igniter so that was replaced, code went away and heater started right up. After about 30 sec, it staggers and flame goes out, no error codes but screen resets and lights up again normally again, then 30 seconds later it does the same thing. Cleaned connectors etc but stumped. Flue is clear.
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Rick replied 6 months ago.
Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.This sounds like it could be a flame sensor issue (see attached pic for typical your may not have the right angle bend). You can try cleaning off the metal rod. Steel wool is best fine aluminum oxide sandpaper is ok in a pinch. If this doen't look like it applies to your situation then I need brand (unless you meant Jandy not Handy) and an actual model number for your unit.