tomen99, Handyman
Experience:  Certified pool operator and maintenance supervisor

Just picked up a cal spa from someone and he mentioned it could

Customer Question

Just picked up a cal spa from someone and he mentioned it could need a thermostat. However I'm confused between a thermostat and heater vacuum switch. There is a part to the left of the pulp that is broken off and he has a screw in there, I guess that's to keep water from leaking out. I have pictures of the part. It has a sticker on it that says true blue safety suction.
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  tomen99 replied 5 months ago.
That's part job is to protect swimmers from the vacuum of the pump. I.e. If someone were able to put their face completely over the suction and not be able to pull it off they could drown. It is pretty much an open or closed switch that shuts the unit down when suction gets too high.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ok so that has nothing to do with the heat, an actual thermostat would need to be replaced to control too much heat.
Expert:  tomen99 replied 5 months ago.