tomen99
tomen99, Handyman
Experience:  Certified pool operator and maintenance supervisor
63148040

My Model G Hot Springs Hot Tub is heating up but the jets will

Customer Question

My Model G Hot Springs Hot Tub is heating up but the jets will not come on....could this be due to a blown fuse in the ozonater?
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  tomen99 replied 6 months ago.
Normally not. Can you check for voltage at the jet pump?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
How would I check the voltage on the jet pump? Would I go thru the control panel? I was able to find some info on checking the control panel or box to make sure the green board was still working and that checked out okay but wasn't sure how to check the jet pump and what setting to have my volt meter set at etc . Etc.
Expert:  tomen99 replied 6 months ago.
You will want to start at the control panel. The leads that go to the jet pump and set your meter to ac voltage. You want to test each wire with one lead on the wire to be tested and one on a ground wire or bare metal in the cabinet.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
That's with the power off correct?
Expert:  tomen99 replied 6 months ago.
No it will need to be engaged as if the jets should be running. You will need to be careful as this is similar voltage to a household outlet.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Since water is circulating thru the heater back into the tub but its not filtering and the jet pump doesn't come on could it be a possibility that there is air in the system since`it was recently filled and wasn't filled thru the grey pipe in the filter system like it was suppose to be? My son filled it directly into the tub?
Expert:  tomen99 replied 6 months ago.
Does the pump come on and not pump water?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
no I don't hear it kick on.. nothing happens when I push the jet button. Also I took my hand and held it over the filter pipe and I cant feel any suction there at all.
Expert:  tomen99 replied 6 months ago.
If it was air locked it means the motor is spinning but water pumps cannot pump air so it doesn't work. I don't know if you would hear it or not. It could be the motor is bad which is why I suggested the volt test. If it is getting correct power from the board and not running then it requires replacement.