Poolservice123, CPO, CPI, CBP
Experience:  40+ yrs, NSPF Instructor, NC Licensed SwimPool Contractor

The initial start up with the master spa primed well and heated

Customer Question

the initial start up with the master spa primed well and heated to 105 I set the temperature to low but the pump continues to run after the 60 minute default expires. Is that normal can't the hold time be extended for 8 hrs so
JA: Sometimes pool issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Pool Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Pool Technician should know?
Customer: I need to know how to extend the hold time for the pump after the maximum
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Pool Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Poolservice123 replied 5 months ago.
Have you checked the schedule for the filtration cycle on the spa? The pump will run longer than the default if it is in heating mode, jets on for use (usually 15 - 20 minute) or a scheduled time that has been set. If you use the spa and the jets run for 20 minute, but the tub is 110Volt, it may run longer in the low speed to re-heat the tub to the set point.