Mike R.
Mike R., Plumber
Experience:  i have been doing plumbing work for 20 years with alot of experience in service work
64367226

Why does my hot tub sometimes say FLO

Customer Question

why does my hot tub sometimes say FLO
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Mike R. replied 11 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** i have been in the plumbing field for 20 years. I will be glad to help you today. This could be caused by several things. The easiest may be to simply replace the filter. Even a clean filter can become less porous in time and cause restricted flow. The next may be a failing flow pressure switch. When there is not enough flow it will not turn on the heater. The flow pressure switch will need to be replaced or adjusted depending what type of switch it is. The worst case scenario is that the pump is failing. The impeller in the pump will wear with time and often the impeller will start to lose pieces and not push water as well. Sometimes there is debris wrapped around the impeller shaft. These last two things will require some expertise to repair. Hopefully it is simply the filter.
Expert:  Mike R. replied 11 months ago.
I haven't heard from you. Was the information I provided helpful?