poolguy810
poolguy810, owner - pool and spa service company
Experience:  Servicing pools and all brands of spas for over 28 years.
32482502

I have a rheem pool heater model p-r206a-en-x. Comes on but

Customer Question

I have a rheem pool heater model p-r206a-en-x. Comes on but does not heat. Changed filter sand but still not working
JA: Sometimes pool issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Pool Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: I had someone here who said the unit is working but felt sand needed to be changed cause water was not filtering through unit (sand too old)
JA: Is there anything else the Pool Technician should be aware of?
Customer: New pool pump installed last year. No problems there
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Pool Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  poolguy810 replied 6 months ago.
Now you said it comes on but does not heat....Are the burners actually firing and staying on so that you can feel the heat coming out the top? Or what exactly do you mean when you're saying it's coming on?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No, burners are not coming on. I feel vibrations because of water going in to heater and water is coming out through jets. Just not hot.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Fyi: I looked for answer til 2pm yesterday and never saw this
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Do you need more info? Are you planning on answering?