Poolservice123
Poolservice123, CPO, CPI, CBP
Experience:  40+ yrs, NSPF Instructor, NC Licensed SwimPool Contractor
67374415

There. I have a Jandy pro series Legacy natural gas heater.

Customer Question

Hi there. I have a Jandy pro series Legacy natural gas heater.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: Yesterday the heater was Working. But didn't turn on this morning. "Ignition failure".
JA: Is there anything else the Pool Technician should be aware of?
Customer: It's a new heater. Less than a year old? Any thoughts.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Pool Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Poolservice123 replied 9 months ago.
Since your heater is less than a year old you do not want to go into the unit itself as that could void a warranty. But you can check the items that are not covered under warranty. The first is to check the filter to be sure it is clean and the flow of water is good. As this is natural gas then there should not be a gas pressure issue unless you have added something else onto that gas supply such as a firepit. Other than that the flame sensor, ignitor and gas valve would need to be checked. These would be warranty items and I would call the gas company or the installer on this. Be sure that the natural gas line was not stopped by the gas company for maintenance or repairs in the area.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
My husband now tells me that the actual failure code isFault check ignition control
Are there any troubleshooting tips you can offer before we call Pioneer Pools
Be sure that there is no debri (leaves etc) or standing water around bottom of heater. Otherwise I would call them as it is under warranty. That is not a normal maintenance type error.