tomen99
tomen99, Handyman
Experience:  Certified pool operator and maintenance supervisor
63148040

My 2005 Maverick Four Winds hot tub wont Stop heating up. I

Customer Question

My 2005 Maverick Four Winds hot tub wont Stop heating up. I set the tub to 100 degrees and checked back a few ours later to find it at 110. I dismantled the side of the casing for the tub and the heating pipe was scolding hot. Any advice on how to fix this issue?
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  tomen99 replied 7 months ago.
The hot tub controller says 110 or are you checking it with another thermometer. When you said you checked shutoff does that mean you confirmed there isn't voltage to the heater? It can only be one of two things. 1 the tub doesn't know what tempatur either really is so it keeps heating( bad t-stat) 2 the control board continues to send power to the heater because of a stuck relay or other malfunction and will need replaced.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Both the thermostat on the tub and a personal thermostat was used. We noticed that the relay section of the board appears to throw sparks one out of every 10 times the tub is turned on.
Expert:  tomen99 replied 7 months ago.
Control boards should not spark. If you aren't able to replace checks voltage and want to start replacing parts I would say that may be a good place to start