tomen99
tomen99, Handyman
Experience:  Certified pool operator and maintenance supervisor
63148040

I have a Pentair mini max, it will not ignite, I just moved

Customer Question

I have a Pentair mini max, it will not ignite, I just moved in and gas service was off for a while
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: I turn on the spa and it tells me it is heating but the heater does not come on, the pressure switch light is lit and so is the power led
JA: Sometimes pool issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Pool Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Pool Technician should be aware of?
Customer: I think that's it
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Pool Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  tomen99 replied 7 months ago.
Another device controls the heater? Make sure temp is set up high enough and spa is selected. Is there a remote light? If you have one and it's not on I want you to jumper a wire between j2 and j3 on the thermostat board and see if it comes on.