Poolservice123, CPO, CPI, CBP
Experience:  40+ yrs, NSPF Instructor, NC Licensed SwimPool Contractor

We purchased a home with a Jandy Aqualink8 system installed

Customer Question

We purchased a home with a Jandy Aqualink8 system installed in the late 1990's. System worked last season after we figured it out. Pool opened yesterday and now control panel reads only "TI" and is non-responsive to programming buttons including HOLD and reset. What needs to be done to fix this?
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Poolservice123 replied 5 months ago.
TI is an error that is indicating that the H20 Sensor has failed on the heat pump. This is the pressure sensor of the Heat Pump system. This pressure sensor detects water flow and protects the heater from working without water. It is common for pressure switches to go bad. You can disconnect the leads to test to see if the error goes away BUT UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHOULD THE SYSTEM BE OPERATED WITHOUT THE PRESSURE SWITCH IN PLACE OR A FIRE COULD OCCUR.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Went out to pool equipment. Heater was turned off. Turned heater on - current Mode: Remote - message: No demand. Changed mode to exit remote - heater turned on and showed message: heating. Circulating pumps all working correctly. No change in message on remote control panel when heater taken off-line. I think there is a disconnect between remote panel and external controls - perhaps need to "flush" the remote memory? At this point, I have the circulating pump running but heater off.
Yes sometimes a "reset" is needed for the remote. However, check remote battery, check all cables, wifi antenna etc. as well. Sorry didn't answer back sooner, we are having some really bad storms in my area.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No worries. Where is remote battery? Do I need to remove the cover to access? Looks like two Phillips screws at bottom of display but no other indication of battery location. Thanks for your help.
The system may just be locked up. To unlock: Turn off power to the system. Disconnect battery and turn on power. Reconnect the battery and reset time and dateThis is the battery at the control center. It is a 9 volt battery on the back of the Display PCB board.
There is a power pack on the remote (not hand remote) that can be replaced with a rechargable power pack but usually the diagnostics will tell you this. I think you have a freeze up.