poolguy810
poolguy810, owner - pool and spa service company
Experience:  Servicing pools and all brands of spas for over 28 years.
32482502

Have a leak under my hot tub how do u get to it? JA: Sometimes

Customer Question

Have a leak under my hot tub how do u get to it?
JA: Sometimes pool issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Pool Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: It is not leaking at any of my connections. On the deck it is wet in 2 places and From one of the places I can see the drips
JA: Is there anything else the Pool Technician should be aware of?
Customer: I think the one wet spot has been there for a while. But the new drip that I can see is new. Lost 1 inch of wAter in 12 hours
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Pool Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Pool and Spa
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thought it was 5 bucks I just paid 49?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
40
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Will you be able to reimburse the 35.00 Can dollars to my PayPal Account. I have set something up in PayPal in the resolution centre.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
If not, I will ask for a full reimbursement
Expert:  Poolservice123 replied 7 months ago.
With a leak under a tub we like to first check the area where the pump and equipment are being housed. Check the drain plug line (if you have one) to be sure the cap or valve has not come loose. Check around the filter area where it joins the tub. A mirror on a handle can help very much as well as a flashlight. Agitation of a hot tub can loosen things. Check around the motor to be sure the seal assembly is not leaking as well as the connections as you mentioned you have already checked. Next is where you are looking to see where it is NOT leaking from...a bit of detective work. Look carefully inside the tub for any cracks or voids. Although you see the drips it does not necessarily mean the leak is there as water can travel down pipes or through foam. However where the water drips are would be the first place to remove the siding of the tub (depends on manufacturer on how that is done) and start at the area of the closest jet cluster and start cutting / pulling carefully foam out. When clamps or fittings are seen inspect for hairline cracks or loose / broken fittings. Don't worry, when you find the leak you can use "great foam" to fill back in the area of where you removed the foam.