Poolservice123
Poolservice123, CPO, CPI, CBP
Experience:  40+ yrs, NSPF Instructor, NC Licensed SwimPool Contractor
67374415

We have an old Hotspring Prodigy spa with serial # *****

Customer Question

We have an old Hotspring Prodigy spa with serial # ***** What does this tell me? Is it possible to get slats for the shell or an equipment door?
JA: Sometimes pool issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Pool Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: The equipment door has deteriorated and several vertical slats on one corner and 2 horizontal slats on the side need replacement. I would also be interested in a new or gently used cover for my Hotspring prodigy spa serial 3 H-311786. Please help......
JA: Is there anything else the Pool Technician should be aware of?
Customer: Only that this is an outdoor spa that was left at our California home when the owners vacated the property. Thank you in advance!
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Pool Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Poolservice123 replied 7 months ago.
Yes, you can absolutely order new siding and a door for your hot tub. If you go through an authorized Hotspring dealer you can give them the serial number and the manufacturer will know exactly what you have and can supply the parts. There are other end manufacturers of siding but you will need to provide them with the dimensions of the spa sides and door as well as the Make and Model (Hotspring Prodigy) and most importantly the year of manufacture of the hot tub as the design can vary from year to other years but carry the same model name. Pictures help when ordering as well. The serial number does tell information but it is code and tells the date of manufacture and place usually. All manufacture codes are different.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Is there a place to find the value of our particular HotSpring Prodigy Model H spa made in the 3rd quarter in 1991 where a total of 1786 units were produced? Please advise....
The value of the spa for resale is determined by the market and the condition of the spa. For any hot tub a research of Craig's list and/or Ebay of like models including other brands is a good way of seeing at the point in time what the value would be. Many Hot Springs and other dealers will offer "trade in allowances" which are more indicative of the tub being purchased than the tub being traded in. Although this is a second question I thought easy enough to explain for you. Thank you for using this service.