Billy, Technician
Experience:  Licensed in Hydronics and Boilers

My heater is not heating. temp dropped to 32 degrees. blowers

Customer Question

my heater is not heating. temp dropped to 32 degrees. blowers and pump is still working. Can dirty filter stop heater from working? or what should I look for. There is a yellow/green wire that comes out of the heater- -seems to be connected beside the ground wire- - its not connected to anything. Please help.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Is there anything else the Pool Technician should be aware of?
Customer: I don't think so.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Pool Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Billy replied 5 months ago.

My name is Billy.

The number one fault is the flow switch not closing. This can be from dirty filters, obstruction, pump issue or a bad switch itself.

Remove the filters and see if the unit runs without the filters. If it does you will need to clean/replace the filters. If will reguire an electrical meter to see if the flow switch is closing.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
works without the filter. there is suction at the filter pipe.
Expert:  Billy replied 5 months ago.

thank you,

This means you need to replace/clean the can have flow, but insufficient to close flow switch.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Expert:  Billy replied 5 months ago.

If all set just rate service at top of page with the star system and I will move off active list. Thank you