tomen99, Handyman
Experience:  Certified pool operator and maintenance supervisor

I have a used royal spa that I just got and have bought and

Customer Question

i have a used royal spa that I just got and have bought and replaced everything, and I am having a couple of issues. right now when I turn on my heat control the circulation pump and the blower shut down and stay that way until I turn the heater back off.
JA: Sometimes pool issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Pool Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Pool Technician should be aware of?
Customer: My main pump came on as soon as I turned the power on. I manually turned it off and It has not come on since. I have ordered a new air switch for that
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Pool Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  tomen99 replied 5 months ago.
Are you certain that you have the motors wired to the correct output? A lot of hot tubs don't run the heater and jets and blower at the same time to reduce the electric load.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I'm pretty sure that everything is wired correctly but I am no expert. I replaced everything on the inside of the Royal Spa box and I just replaced one wire at a time onto the new contactors. I thought that the heater needed water to circulate in order to work because the heater is a long tube is that not correct?
Expert:  tomen99 replied 5 months ago.
You are correct the circulation pump must be on but sometimes they are wired to turn of jets and blower motors when heating. When you say turn the heater on/off is that with the thermostat on the box? Does the heater light come on? Have you checked the high limit switch?