Gaztech
Gaztech, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Owner at Gaztech
92290868

I have a Sta-Rite 400K SR400 heater. I replaced the older one

Customer Question

I have a Sta-Rite 400K SR400 heater. I replaced the older one last year, like with like.
It intermittently fires. The plumber and gas company say the meter is too small however the meter was in place for years with the old heater.
Any history with these types of issues?
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  eddie22Island replied 7 months ago.
Hi Geneva..........what needs to be done is to first remove all the old caulking around the tub and let it dry out good for a few days.............then you need to use a silicone caulk so it will not crack out both around the tub and vertical corners...........your neighbors ceiling is not that at all ........there is no deteriorated texture or drywall.......it is only stained meaning all you have to do is seal AFTER you resolve you leak........is to seal off the stains with a product called Zinsser Enamelac and then a repainting.............as far as you taking a bath in a new locale ......not to worry it takes years of water damage to the framing structure and a lot worse than what I see ........I would be slightly concerned if the drywall came off his ceiling which didn't happenThankseddie
Expert:  Gaztech replied 7 months ago.
Wrong category
Expert:  Gaztech replied 7 months ago.
Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue.If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.NOTE: I can only get paid for assisting you if you click FINISHED and RATE ANSWER after you are satisfied with answer.Are you ready?