Fix my Pool and Spa
Fix my Pool and Spa, Owner / Technition
Experience:  Over 24 years in pool and spa service and construction
30729442

I'm filling up my hot tub and it's leaking from the flo

Customer Question

Hi, I'm filling up my hot tub and it's leaking from the flo master XP2
JA: Sometimes pool issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Pool Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: I bought a house and it has a proform Storm hot tub. I made sure the gate valves were open and the drain tube was shut. When I started to fill it with water there was a leak at the end of the flo master xp2.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Pool Technician should know?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Pool Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Fix my Pool and Spa replied 7 months ago.
When pumps leak it is usually from either a bad O-Ring or bad Seal Assy. If you see no obvious cracks in the pump plastic housing then you will need to drain spa, remove pump from spa and then remove the front face plate of the pump, just inside the face plate you will see the oring, you may want to replace this o-ring anyway. Then you have an Impeller that spins, you need to hold the shaft of the motor with pliers or wrench then rotate the impeller counter clockwise to unscrew it from the motor shaft. Behind this impeller is the two part seal assembly. One part is on the back of the impeller and the other metal part is in the other half of the plastic housing seated over the shaft of the motor. You can google a you tube video on how to replace a pool pump seal assembly to see the process. Once these have been replaced reassemble and you should be good.