Billy, Technician
Experience:  Licensed in Hydronics and Boilers

Good day. I have a Paradise 40 spa purchased in 2001. It is

Customer Question

Good day. I have a Paradise 40 spa purchased in 2001. It is currently unable to maintain the temperature setting. While we set it to 102F the setting shown on the Control Center increases and the heat level of the water goes up to corespond with the setting. While most times you can reset the temp setting downward back to 102 often the control pad is locked out when the spa hits 107F our higher and the only way to reset the spa is to turn off the power and then turn it back on. Any suggestions as to how to resolve this problem would be greatly appreciated.
Bruce Parratt
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Billy replied 6 months ago.
I am very sorry your question has not been picked up yet.I just logged on and found you had not been assisted. Please let me know if you still need help and I will do my best. Please do not "Rate" as we have not worked toward an answer yet. If you would like to proceed let me know by replying. Once again use reply
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Yes, I am still looking for a solution.
Expert:  Billy replied 6 months ago.
It sounds like a bad controller or sensor. Without ohming the resistance it is hard to tell. The temp rises due to this defect and then the high limit sensor trips and locks out unit. Do you have a meter and know how to perform a resistance check?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you Billy. Yes, I have a meter but do not know how to use it on my tub.
Expert:  Billy replied 6 months ago.
ok,we have 2 options.... 1 - you take a short study on how to read resistance with a multimeter and understand the readings. 2 - you call for service to have a tech ohm sensors and change if one is bad (which is my bet)
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Billy, I think you missunderstood me. I know how to use the meter but have no idea as to where I would attach it on the spas components.
Expert:  Billy replied 6 months ago.
Does page 6 HERE correspond with what you see?