tomen99, Handyman
Experience:  Certified pool operator and maintenance supervisor

Jerry I have a 2001 cal spa 2100 that has a slow leak someplace.

Customer Question

Jerry I have a 2001 cal spa 2100 that has a slow leak someplace. As a result, I winterized it this past season. I have it cleaned out and filled back up now that it's warmer. I powered on the breaker and all I hear is clicking. The jets are not actually coming on. The display reads 56, which i am assuming is the current water temp since filling the tub with the garden hose. Since I don't appear to be getting an actual error code, what do you suspect the issue may be?
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  tomen99 replied 6 months ago.
Is anything going on and off with the clicking? Can you open up where the control board is? Perhaps it is a relay trying to turn on. Check the voltage on the transformer. The relay may be bad and unless your board has replaceable relays it will require replacement.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Nothing is actually going on and off. It sounds and acts like it is turning functions on and off but it is not. I did notice that the heater light did not come on with the 56 degree display.
How would I know if it is just a relay or something else? I just replaced the heat sensor last year.
Expert:  tomen99 replied 6 months ago.
The heater will likely not come on unless the pump is working. You need to get to the power board and test the voltage coming out of the transformer and also if there is voltage going to the pump motor itself. It could may be seized from sitting.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
If seized, what would a reccomended fix be?
Expert:  tomen99 replied 6 months ago.
If it getting power but not spinning I would try to get at the impeller and spin manually. If that doesn't get it going it would require replacement.