Poolservice123, CPO, CPI, CBP
Experience:  40+ yrs, NSPF Instructor, NC Licensed SwimPool Contractor

The "Jet #1" button is inoperable. Jet #2 works fine. Pressing

Customer Question

The "Jet #1" button is inoperable. Jet #2 works fine. Pressing the Jet #1 button and nothing happens, no noise, no click, nothing.
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Poolservice123 replied 6 months ago.
Is this a digital topside controller or an air switch type? Does the electrical trip?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It is a "control Panel" on the top of the front side of the spa. Electrical is working. Pump and second jet button work fine.
Just the touch button for jet #1 does not work
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Are you there??
I believe the spa manufacturer is Hawkeye Manufacturing. Apparently they are out of business.
Would a local spa retailer be able to help me, or point me to a reliable repairman?
Yes a local person can help you. You can get parts for Hawkeye with no problem. If you have a digital display of temp etc. on panel then it sounds like the topside control has gone bad. This can happen if the overlay (sticker over the buttons that says jets etc.) gets old and allows water to creep in behind it to the control. IN some cases it could be the control board. If you have 2 pumps you can plug the 2nd pump into the Pump one place in the control box and see if the button works then or not. If it is not the control but the pump itself. However this usually trips the breaker. Sorry for the delay.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you. I have located a local repair man. It sounds like you understand the problem.
I'll have him check out switching jet #2 button with jet #1 and see what happens. In any event,
I'm sure he will be able to help me get it repaired.
I will pay the $23 already charged to my credit card.
I am glad you have found someone local to take a look at this. It helps them if you have the year of the tub and any information that came with the tub. Let me know if I can help further. HAve a wonderful day.