tomen99, Handyman
Experience:  Certified pool operator and maintenance supervisor

Pool pump not starting we think it might be the timer beause

Customer Question

pool pump not starting we think it might be the timer beause it's not ticking
JA: Sometimes pool issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Pool Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: we want to start with replacing the timer we need to know weather its a 110 volt or 220 volt
JA: Is there anything else the Pool Technician should be aware of?
Customer: motor shows 230/115 volts if that helps
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Pool Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  tomen99 replied 6 months ago.
Go to the breaker that feeds the pump. If it is a double it is 220. Single 110. Or open up the timer if it has two wires in and two out then it's 220v. A 120 will just be one wire and a common.