poolguy810, owner - pool and spa service company
Experience:  Servicing pools and all brands of spas for over 28 years.

Tim, I have a Raypak 2100 heater, I turn on the heater, it

Customer Question

Tim, I have a Raypak 2100 heater, I turn on the heater, it runs 15 minutes and shuts down for 15
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: It shuts down for 15 minutes and the display screen goes blank. It then will run for 15 minutes and then shuts down with a blank screen. This process keeps repeating itself.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Pool and Spa Experts generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 6 months ago.
Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. Answer: The heater is tripping out on a high limit thermostat so it is likely getting too hot. Either there is not enough water going through it or there could be a restriction causing it to overheat. Have you checked to see if the high limit or pressure limit is tripping out?