Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

I have an intellitouch connected to an Intelliflo 4 x 160.

Customer Question

I have an intellitouch connected to an Intelliflo 4 x 160. It worked fine for 6+ years. Recently the intelliflo does not respond to signals to turn on from the intellitouch either based on time program, manually turning on "Pool" (meaning pump) or freeze control signal telling it to turn on. Strangely, if I turn on my pool cleaner, that does start the pump as a pre-requisite. I can also manually start the pump in service mode. So the pump runs and responds to some signals, but not others. Can you tell me what might be causing this?
Regards,
Michael Demers
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.
Hi Michael,This could be due to a software fault with the Intellitouch, if some signals are being sent ok.First, try updating the firmware: http://www.pentairpool.com/support/control-systems-firmware-updates.htmlLet me know if that works?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Pete,
this is not useful to me as I do not have a P&E Micro flash programmer to flash the circuit board on the Intellitouch. That said, I fixed this myself by contacting Pentair support. It turns out the custom speed for my intelliflow for filtration/pool had got erased from the controller, somehow. Resetting this fixed the issue.
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.
Ok, glad to hear you got it sorted.This type of problem will always be down to software or programming.Have a great weekend!Pete.