Billy
Billy, Technician
Experience:  Licensed in Hydronics and Boilers
12672042

Good morning My 2000 altimar is stuck in LOC mode, I have

Customer Question

Good morning
My 2000 altimar is stuck in LOC mode, I have tried the display-mode-down sequence but it only blinks LOC and stays in LOC mode, it goes on and off by itself at different times so I am able to use occasionaly but most when i go to use it is stuck in LOC.
Category: Pool and Spa
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
2004 Sundance Altimar
Expert:  Billy replied 7 months ago.
I am very sorry your question has not been picked up yet.I just logged on and found you had not been assisted. Please let me know if you still need help and I will do my best. Please do not "Rate" as we have not worked toward an answer yet. If you would like to proceed let me know by replying. Once again use reply
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Yes still need answer. It was unlocked and later in the day back to locked and unable to unlock with sequence.
Expert:  Billy replied 7 months ago.
I dont know on your specific year..but do you have a safety switch that cuts circuit if the service door is not shut all the way?W can continue from there
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No safety switch on this model.
Expert:  Billy replied 7 months ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** you say you tried to unlock...was that by tryingDisplay-Display-Mode-TempDown
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Correct, I have tried that and display-Mode-Tempdown, once I hit temp down I get a quick display blink and nothing else changes. Do you know if there is a water level guage that locks it if water gets low or too high?
I have a small leak and didnt know if level gets a little low it shuts it down. Just a thought.
Expert:  Billy replied 7 months ago.
That is correct. If the level is too low for safe (mechanically)operation it will lock out until level is back.You have a low water, or open sensor. I would top off and eleiminate that option as suspect
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
OK, well even when level is back it still locks and wont come off but I will try and monitor that. I do not get any type of water level warning code, it just locks. Im not sure thats the issue but do you know if there is a way to unlock when this happens or does it unlock after a certain amount of time? I have to wait until it just randomly unlocks to use it.
Expert:  Billy replied 7 months ago.
usually a breaker off/on resets all issues unless a sensor or safety is open
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Tried that as well, that does not change the lock out. It stays in lock position, I have tried a quick reset all the way up to overnight no power. You can see this has been driving me nuts!!!!