Billy
Billy, Technician
Experience:  Licensed in Hydronics and Boilers
12672042

I am getting a 2003 altamar jacuzzi 850 series. The guts were

Customer Question

I am getting a 2003 altamar jacuzzi 850 series. The guts were destroyed in sandy . Need an approx number for replacement of parts and electronics .. also moving it is needed lol thx
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Billy replied 7 months ago.
I am very sorry your question has not been picked up yet.I just logged on and found you had not been assisted. Please let me know if you still need help and I will do my best. Please do not "Rate" as we have not worked toward an answer yet. If you would like to proceed let me know by replying. Once again use reply
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Reply
Expert:  Billy replied 7 months ago.
ok, this is a nondescript issue. It depends on if the motor, control board, sensors are all toast or if maybe a few things are ok.Another issue is if damage was done to wiring harnesses, molex connectors, edge connectors...To have an overhaul complete could easily break 3k.If parts are salvageable it will decrease cost....BUT....There is a chance you invest heavily and then find a bad connection that ruins a new part...if the unit was underwater and debris the entire parts (electrical) and all wiring harneses should be replaced. This could be quite a project.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
So u recommend a professional come out and check it first and see if any parts are salvageable. I was hoping the whole ordeal was under 2g. I live in Matawan nj could u recommend a person to contact to basically give me an estimate after viewing the spa.
Expert:  Billy replied 7 months ago.
I would have it looked at but for this reason:A contractor may have some haul aways with good parts....tub springs a leak or was froze..gets replaced...these units are generally saved for parts. There is a chance you could find some used parts reasonable. Unfortunately I do not have resources in your area so you would need to make a few calls.