poolguy810
poolguy810, owner - pool and spa service company
Experience:  Servicing pools and all brands of spas for over 28 years.
32482502

Pearl. Want to heat our balboa spa pool but are unsure if

Customer Question

Hi pearl. Want to heat our balboa spa pool but are unsure if we will do damage by leaving the jets on for many hours while it heats up
JA: Sometimes pool issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Pool Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: We are novice pool users and haven't heated this pool before and aren't sure how long we can safely leave the jets on
JA: Anything else I can tell the Pool Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: We have just filled in up and he heat light only turns on when the jets are on and we can't turn the jets off
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Pool Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  poolguy810 replied 8 months ago.
If the jets are coming on high speed when it's heating, then it sounds like your pump may be plugged in to the wrong socket or wired backwards as it should be a two speed pump that comes on on low speed to heat and then goes to high speed when you hit the jet button. On balboa systems, the jets are preset to turn off automatically after about 27 minutes. Can you give me any more information on the spa pack itself or pictures of your topside controller and a picture of the inside of the balboa box so I can see the wiring where the pump is plugged in. Thanks, Jeff