Fix my Pool and Spa
Fix my Pool and Spa, Owner / Technition
Experience:  Over 24 years in pool and spa service and construction
30729442

Can not change temperature on spa stuck on sleep mode is it

Customer Question

Can not change temperature on spa stuck on sleep mode is it a problem with top control panel?
JA: Sometimes pool issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Pool Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: Control panel is stuck on sleep mode we had a power outage and after could not change the temperature stuck on 82 degrees
JA: Anything else I can tell the Pool Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: That is it
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Pool Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Fix my Pool and Spa replied 1 year ago.
OK so you obviously know the process for changing modes so with that said try and turn the breaker off to the spa for 15 minutes then reset breaker to do a hard reboot of the circuit board. If this does not correct the issue open the control box to expose the circuit board, then follow the topside plug to the board where it plugs in, unplug the topside inspect the board and plug wire for damage, if all is good reinstall the plug and check for operation. If this two does not correct the issue then replace the topside as it is not communicating to board. All newer topsides have a mini circuit board in them and something got fried with the topside control.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks I thought that maybe the problem
Yes these topside are very temperamental. Good luck and let me know how it goes.