Fix my Pool and Spa
Fix my Pool and Spa, Owner / Technition
Experience:  Over 24 years in pool and spa service and construction
30729442

The display panel is on but I can't get the motor to run

Customer Question

Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Fix my Pool and Spa replied 8 months ago.
So when you press for the pump to come on you should here a clicking sound coming from the circui board. Open the control box to expose the board and check for burn marks or damage. From there you need to test voltage out to pump, if voltage is good out of circuit board to pump then test voltage at back of pump, if it is good there then the pump is bad and replace. If you have no voltage out of circuit board to pump then the issue is the relay on board and you will need to replace board. Make sure you test voltage into the circuit board relay to pump as well. If the pump turns on and just hums then the pump motor is seized and replace pump as well. If you recently drained and refilled spa then you may just have an air lock in pump wet end, loosen the union on the front of the pump with the power OFF to release any air for 10 seconds then re-tighten the union and reset breaker to test pump. Be sure all connections from topside and pump wires are secure.