Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Having problems with Hayward VSP 3400 EchoStar pump

Customer Question

Having problems with Hayward VSP 3400 EchoStar pump Controlled by Hayward On Command. Pump starts and runs for about 30 seconds than turns off (Drive error power interrupted) Checked voltage in to On Command it is 122V on each leg of 220v circuit. Checked voltage on load side of relay it was the same. Checked voltage at pump it was the same. Checked voltage at pump while running had deviation of less than 1 volt. Checked all wire connections and found no problems
This unit is 2 years old and has had 0 issues
Any idea what may have happened
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 8 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am APPLIANCE-HVAC GURU a very experienced tech on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now.

Please allow time for me to respond, sometimes I get the questions or responses late so please be patient as I have no control over the site issues. NOTE, I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money.

Answer:

When that happens you need a new pump control board. The board has a voltage monitoring chip on it that has failed. Replace the board and you will be good to go, they sometimes fail that new I have seen it before.

The only way I receive any credit at all for my time is by you selecting a STAR USING THE 5 STAR or VOTING RATING SYSTEM AT THE TOP OF YOUR PAGE before you leave for me so please make sure you are rating me not another tech. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks GURU

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Not the problem. I played around with pump solar / filter speeds and problem solved. Parameters were too far apart!
Thanks for your time

ok that is really strange never heard of that being that issue Happy Easter though.