Fix my Pool and Spa
Fix my Pool and Spa, Owner / Technition
Experience:  Over 24 years in pool and spa service and construction
30729442

I just had a Hot Springs Spa technician over today and he

Customer Question

I just had a Hot Springs Spa technician over today and he replaced a circuit board and told me it was fried and showed me the dark spot where it had overheated. He put everything back together and said it would be fully heated in about 24 hrs. I have waited about 12 hrs and the spa doesn't seem to be heating at all. I am confused about the summer timer mode, which I don't want.
JA: Sometimes pool issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Pool Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Pool Technician should be aware of?
Customer: I don't think so. The control panel appears to be working normally.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Pool Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Fix my Pool and Spa replied 8 months ago.

It sounds like the spa may be in Economy mode. This mode only allows the spa to heat during a filter cycle which is usually a two hour interval twice a day so it can appear that it is not heating. In most cases you need to change the mode from Ec to St. This is done by pressing the temp up button followed by the light button within 3 seconds of each other. Now the buttons and sequence can vary based on manufacturers so check your owners manual for proper method.