Fix my Pool and Spa
Fix my Pool and Spa, Owner / Technition
Experience:  Over 24 years in pool and spa service and construction
30729442

We have a leak and I've read that it is caused by loose

Customer Question

we have a leak and I've read that it is caused by loose jets. there is a specail tool that I need to fix this. What is it called and where do I get it in Augusta ga
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: There is a leak and it drains it self down to the jets.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Pool Technician should know?
Customer: I know there is a specail tool so I thought we would try to fix it and if it's not a loose jet I'll need a tech to come out. Who in my area can service it if we can't fix it
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Pool Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Fix my Pool and Spa replied 8 months ago.

Well the tool you are thinking of is called a spanner wrench. However there are many sizes and options with jets, when someone says the jet body is loose then that usually means the backside of the jet body in the foam are of the spa and once you dig out the foam to expose the back of the jet body you can use a pipe wrench or channel lock pliers to tighten the locknut on the back which will tighten the jet body.

In most cases you can use tools you already have once you determine the size and shape you need. First take the skirting off and dig out any foam around the jets you think are loose and once that is done you just need to turn the locknut clockwise with a pipe wrench or channel locks.