poolguy810
poolguy810, owner - pool and spa service company
Experience:  Servicing pools and all brands of spas for over 28 years.
32482502

Have a leasure bay hot tub with balboa controls pumps where

Customer Question

have a leasure bay hot tub with balboa controls pumps where disconnected by tenant replace pumps but not sure I have them plugged in right ,hot tub heats but wont shut off
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  poolguy810 replied 8 months ago.

Can you post me a picture of the inside of the Balboa box and I should be able to tell you where they need to be. Thanks, Jeff

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
also both pumps run all the time and have it programmed to cycles 2 hrs every 12

OK, the first question I've got is, are your pumps 120 volt or 240 volt? Because right now, as your pack is wired, those two pumps are running on 120 volts, so we need to check the pump labels to make sure we have the right voltage first. Also, need to see the rpms on both pumps as those two pump chords only appear to have 3 wires each, which are chords used for single speed pumps, most spas usually have at least ones 2 speed pump on them. Last, they are both plugged into the jet receptacle on the pack, they shouldn't both be there. I need a pic of the wiring diagram that's on the pack front cover also please.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
both pumps 120 volts , now keeps tripping breaker wont turn on at all