Fix my Pool and Spa
Fix my Pool and Spa, Owner / Technition
Experience:  Over 24 years in pool and spa service and construction
30729442

I replaced the defective heater board and pressure switch on

Customer Question

i replaced the defective heater board and pressure switch on my caldera spa and now the breaker keeps tripping. I was wondering if I need to adjust the pressure switch.
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Fix my Pool and Spa replied 1 year ago.

OK well if the breaker was not tripping before you replaced the board then most likely one of the wires is shorting out. First remove the power wires to the spa control box and tape the ends for safety then power up the breaker if it stays on then we know for sure that it is the spa that is tripping it out and not a bad breaker. Next re-attach the wires to the spa control box and remove the two wires going to the new heater then reset breaker if it stays on then the heater is causing a short and you need to check to make sure the wires are good or replace the new heater it is defective. From there unplug any ozone unit or blower from the spa and reset breaker and keep doing this with all components until the breaker stays on. Once it stays on then the last thing you unplugged is the part causing the issue and replace.

By the way the pressure switch would not trip the breaker not enough voltage.