Billy
Billy, Technician
Experience:  Licensed in Hydronics and Boilers
12672042

I have a question about some replacement parts on a 2009

Customer Question

I have a question about some replacement parts on a 2009 j-470
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Local dealer replaced my heater with a "rebuilt" heater that has a 4.0 kW element instead of a 5.5 as is standard for this tub. He says no big difference... I have the tub on 60 amp breaker specifically so the jets and heater can run simultaneously. I don't want to make a stink if it's not a big difference because he's the only dealer within 250 miles and I purchased the tub used. Related is that the DCU for the lights seems odd based on the few pics I can find and also the waterfalls two lights now have different connectors- and the new one can't plug into the "two into one" harness that has a telephone jack because it's mini DIN. I can find mini-DIN to the flat jacuzzi adapters but I am lost trying to find the other and am not sure how to proceed. Not sure how to diagnose if the DCU is causing the lights to not all function.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Pool and Spa Experts generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Pool and Spa
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Done
Expert:  Billy replied 1 year ago.

I am very sorry your question has not been picked up yet.

I just logged on and found you had not been assisted.

Please let me know if you still need help and I will do my best. Please do not "Rate" as we have not worked toward an answer yet.

If you would like to proceed let me know by replying. Once again use reply..not "rate".