Tim H.
Tim H., HVAC Professional
Experience:  Experienced in all aspects of HVAC, both residential and commercial.
27228809

My 13 year old Raypak 6350ti spa heater that trips the 60A

Customer Question

My 13 year old Raypak 6350ti spa heater that trips the 60A main breaker after running about 5-10 minutes. It was tripping when it reached the temp set point but now trips after running a few minutes.
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Tim H. replied 9 months ago.

Hi, I'm Tim and I'm an HVAC expert here to assist you with your questions. Please provide all information I request as it makes it more difficult to troubleshoot something when I'm not there onsite. Essentially, you become my eyes and ears. Thanks for the opportunity to help. At the end of our dialog, you will have a chance to rate my service, but please wait until we are finished and you're satisfied you have all the information you need. Please be patient as many times we work with several customers at once.

I would first start by opening the panel close to where all the wiring comes in and look for burned wiring, a blown capacitor. It could also be a bad condenser fan or compressor. It has to be a major component to trip a 6o amp breaker.

Expert:  Tim H. replied 9 months ago.

Did you have any more questions on this?

Expert:  Tim H. replied 8 months ago.

Did you still need assistance with this? Otherwise, thanks for using Just Answer and please don't forget to rate my service as that's how experts get paid (thanks in advance for any bonus left). Otherwise experts work at their own time and expense. Feel free to post back with any more questions.