Fix my Pool and Spa
Fix my Pool and Spa, Owner / Technition
Experience:  Over 24 years in pool and spa service and construction
30729442

We have replaced the above ground plumbing, fixed the air

Customer Question

We have replaced the above ground plumbing, fixed the air leak, and now we can start the pump, primes great, the filter fills up and the water returns to pool at a good rate. After a minute the water returning to the pool completely stops, I've never experienced this before, what did we do wrong?
Category: Pool and Spa
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My phone number is(###) ###-####...I need to talk now, not a day later as I will be at work...
Expert:  Fix my Pool and Spa replied 1 year ago.

Quick question? You state the filter fills up completely, what is the pressure on the filter reading when the returns stop flowing? If it is 20 psi or higher the filter internals are getting clogged and you need to pull out the internals of the filter and soak them in a cleaning solution which you can pick up at any local pool center. Even if the filter looks clean it can have dirt that you can not see clogging it.

Just pick up some filter clean and soak the internals in a garbage can overnight and you should be fine.