Billy
Billy, Technician
Experience:  Licensed in Hydronics and Boilers
12672042

Caldera Spa Elation model Hot tub not heating. Have replaced

Customer Question

Caldera Spa Elation model
Hot tub not heating.
Have replaced the original relays on heater relay board and it worked temporarily then stopped again so replaced the entire heater relay board with the newer non discontinued board.
Still not heating, we followed the instructions to jumper the pressure switch.
Upon powering back up the HTR ON light does come on for about 12 seconds and then there is a click and the light goes back out.
Jets work fine.
Tried running temporarily without a filter and even plunged through filter to make sure there wasn't something caught in there based on recommendation from a different web site.
Any ideas?
Thank you so much in advance!
Category: Pool and Spa
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Billy replied 10 months ago.

I am very sorry your question has not been picked up yet.

I just logged on and found you had not been assisted.

Please let me know if you still need help and I will do my best. Please do not "Rate" as we have not worked toward an answer yet.

If you would like to proceed let me know by replying. Once again use reply..not "rate".

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
please.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Any help would be appreciated.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Do I need to retype the question and things that we've already tried?
Expert:  Billy replied 10 months ago.

so if you start unit...circ pump runs as it should?

did jumping pressure switch change how it ran at all?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
When I start it up I can see and hear the circ pump running. The heater box vibrates as well making me think water is running through it. I doubted the heater was bad because the "HTR ON" light does light up initially but turns off after about12 seconds every time I do a start up.
Expert:  Billy replied 10 months ago.

And the pressure switch..if you start unit...THEN jump switch...does the heater light remain on?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No. Before I jumpered pressure switch the HTR ON light did not come on at all. After I jumpered the pressure switch and restarted the light comes on but only for 10 to 12 seconds then goes back off and tub never heard.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Never heated
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
If I jumped the pressure switch after start up I get no light on HTR ON. LIM OK light comes on and stays on.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
LIM OK light is on no matter if it's jumpered or plugged in regularly.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Any ideas?