poolguy810
poolguy810, owner - pool and spa service company
Experience:  Servicing pools and all brands of spas for over 28 years.
32482502

I have a Raypak 2100. I hear the repeat clicking of the ignition and smell the gas, but i

Customer Question

I have a Raypak 2100. I hear the repeat clicking of the ignition and smell the gas, but it won't fire up. I just opened up the front and saw that the blue wire that runs down along the right side and I assume connects to something) is disconnected, laying on the bottom of the heater. Suggestions? Thank you so much in advance.
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  poolguy810 replied 9 months ago.
Yes, the blue wire is the ignition spark wire, without it connected, it won't do anything. Some of the wires just plug on to the bottom of the igniter, if that's the case you can just plug it back on to the bottom of the ceramic igniter assembly down at the end of the pilot gas tube. If it's less than ten years old, the wire comes permanently installed into the ceramic igniter from the factory, and the only fix would be replacing the whole pilot assembly. It's going to be difficult to get to either way unless you want to remove the pilot assembly. I can tell you how to do it if you want to.