Fix my Pool and Spa
Fix my Pool and Spa, Owner / Technition
Experience:  Over 24 years in pool and spa service and construction
30729442

IN THE JACUZZI I HEARD A LOUD "POP"! LIKE A SHORT CIRCUIT.

Customer Question

IN THE JACUZZI I HEARD A LOUD "POP"! LIKE A SHORT CIRCUIT. IMMEDIATELY IT WENT DEAD. I GOT OUT AND RESET THE BREAKER AND IT POPPED AGAIN. AFTER SCREWING WITH IT, I TRIED AGAIN TO RESET THE BREAKER. NOW THE MAIN DIGITAL CONTROLS ARE LIT UP. THE LIGHT WORKS. BUT NOTHING ELSE COMES ON.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Is there anything else important you think the Pool Technician should know?
Customer: ITS MADE BY SPA BUILDERS. AND I HAD THE HEATER FIXED 3 MONTHS AGO.
JA: Sometimes pool issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Pool Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Pool Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Fix my Pool and Spa replied 9 months ago.

You need to turn off breaker and remove the skirting just below the topside control and then open the control box to expose the circuit board. Look at the circuit board and heater as most likely you had a relay pop or the heater wires, look for burn marks or evidence of burning. It should be plainly visible if you heard two pops. Let me know what you find.