Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor
Experience:  owner of Island Pro-Craft
90350505

My name is ***** *****. My pool indoor control pad is dead.

Customer Question

My name is ***** *****. My pool indoor control pad is dead. I changed the 9 volt battery at the control panel but still dead. All breakers checked and ok. Is there a fuse somewhere to check? Its a Shasta pool system; 2006.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Controls on panel do not work. Indoor control panel shows blank screen.Jandy type 3 R RSSerjes Controler
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Pool and Spa Experts generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Eddie replied 9 months ago.

Hi ........Can you tell me what precipitated this shut down.......was it a power outage?.........I just have one thing for you to try right now .......... I would like for you to do a hard reset..........so go to the breaker and shut the switch ALL THE WAY to the OFF position then remove the 9 volt battery........go back to the breaker and put it back ON........replace the battery ...............then look to where your filter is plugged in ..........it probably is in a GFCI outlet .......there should be a red button on it ......if you could press that also ............and maybe you can write back and let me know what occurred precisely

Thanks

eddie

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
As far as I know nothing precipitated the problem. No power outages or surges. Yes, I have flipped the breakers on and off, replaced the battery, and tested the GFCI outlet. Still dead.
Expert:  Eddie replied 9 months ago.

so you know for sure you are getting power to the GFCI ............and you did plug something else into it?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
GFCI outlet has power. Plugged in a drill and it is working for sure.
Expert:  Eddie replied 9 months ago.

I wanted to try and get you to a trouble shooting point as to where it checks .......... so now I will opt out and turn it over to one of my colleagues who might have a better idea on the Shasta control panel ...........I didn't ask to be rated and I don't know why my box is checked on that but you can just ignore that .............good luck to you

eddie