garrygoeson
garrygoeson, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Over 27 years Repairing Pool & Spa Equipment,Gas Heaters,& Whirlpool Bath Tubs. Certified by many Pool & Spa Manufacturers.
64048604

My grandee hot spring spa controls are locked hot do i get

Customer Question

Hi my grandee hot spring spa controls are locked hot do i get it unlocked
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The spa is running temp is up I can turn jets on and off but music and lights are locked off
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Pool and Spa Experts generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  garrygoeson replied 9 months ago.

Hi:

My name is Garry. I'll be glad to assist you with your spa.

I'm not sure if your spa control panel is in the "Lock" mode, or there is some other problem with it. When the control is in the lock mode, if any button is pressed, the control panel will display the lock symbol and the word SPA for 30 seconds, then turn off. No functions will work.

Since you did not mention the year of your spa, I will give you instructions for a 2005 Grandee. You could try it to see if it will work for your spa:

Press the LIGHT minus(-) and the TEMP minus (-) buttons at the same time and hold them down until the word SPA and the lock symbol are no longer shown on the display. If this fails to unlock it, give me the year and serial # ***** your spa, in case the sequence is slightly different. Let me know what you find. Thank you