Fix my Pool and Spa
Fix my Pool and Spa, Owner / Technition
Experience:  Over 24 years in pool and spa service and construction
30729442

My Cal Spa 2100 control panel initially starts up normally

Customer Question

my Cal Spa 2100 control panel initially starts up normally then shuts off and numbers flash on the control panel. 10-00-20-100. None of the buttons work after that.
JA: Sometimes pool issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Pool Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: We haven't used the spa in a while, and I tried to use it and the control panel was blank, and there was humming in the background, like a recirculating motor was running. We turned the power off for a day and when I turned it on the spa worked normally for about 10 minutes and shut down
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Pool Technician should know?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Pool Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Fix my Pool and Spa replied 9 months ago.

Unfortunately you will need to replace the circuit board as it is showing communication codes and you should not see them. Replace board.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
It turns out that it was not the control panel. It was the top control panel that needed replacing
Expert:  Fix my Pool and Spa replied 8 months ago.

I find that unusual as the topside control reads the codes that the circuit board sends out. I am glad that you got it fixed though. Thanks for the update for future reference.