Fix my Pool and Spa
Fix my Pool and Spa, Owner / Technition
Experience:  Over 24 years in pool and spa service and construction
30729442

I have a Keys Backyard LP Hottub (model IMSB6312.3. Bought

Customer Question

I have a Keys Backyard LP Hottub (model IMSB6312.3. Bought it new and for years it's worked great. I'm getting a drY code and it's not cycling or heating properly
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: pumps work - On pump 1 I get very little movement from the low setting but the higher setting works great. Pump 2 works as normal. However, I'm getting no heating and the code says drY
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Pool and Spa Experts generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Fix my Pool and Spa replied 9 months ago.

OK so it sounds like you may have a clog in the pump one impeller, you need to remove the pump and take the front face plate off the pump to access the impeller and check the veins for clogs. If the pump is not clogged then it may be a bad low speed on the pump and you would need to either have motor rebuilt or replace with a new pump. The Dry code is dry fire in heater meaning there is not enough water flow through the heater and the sensors are picking up a quick and high heat increase inside the heater housing and it then throws a Dry code.