poolguy810
poolguy810, owner - pool and spa service company
Experience:  Servicing pools and all brands of spas for over 28 years.
32482502

I have a Sundance Marin Model 880 bought new in Dec 06.

Customer Question

Recently, I had a broken hose fitting which caused it to lose most of its water. I fixed the broken fitting and refilled the hot tub. It wouldn't heater and replaced it. Same problem. No error messages other than "cool" but no heat.
I have 240V going into the red and black wire terminals (below the ralays) but only one leg (red) has power going out to the heater.
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  poolguy810 replied 9 months ago.

So if you touch both meter leads to both heater terminals at the same time, are you reading 240 volts there, out zero volts. Also, is the heater indicator light orvicon lit up on the topside display like it's trying to heat?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Confusing site here. They keep trying to sell me stuff instead of simply letting me talk directly to you. I saw your last response re settings and then it disappeared....
The settings are heat 102, standard mode. The actual water temp is 60. Only message is "cool" no error messagesd/
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The heater indicator flashes momentarily every now and then.

I hadn't posted anything about settings, was asking what your meter reads when touching the two heater terminals with a heater indicator light lit up.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
OK start over: black and red (hot 240V) coming in. There are black and red going out to the heater. The black one is dead. The heater light flashes momentarily every now and then (like it is trying).
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.