Fix my Pool and Spa
Fix my Pool and Spa, Owner / Technition
Experience:  Over 24 years in pool and spa service and construction
30729442

The jets on my spa pool seem to running forever, the control

Customer Question

the jets on my spa pool seem to running forever, the control panel is a balboa 300-f. I have tried pressing the jets button but all it does is carry on 'jetting.
JA: Sometimes pool issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Pool Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: we had a problem with the spa going cold but have since fopund out that the spa was in sleep mode, not sure how that happened. Since then the jets seem to be going all the time, to the extent that at night i turn it off ( its outside our bedroom)
JA: Is there anything else the Pool Technician should be aware of?
Customer: not that i know off
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Pool Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Fix my Pool and Spa replied 9 months ago.

It sounds like you may have the spa in Filter continuously mode. This happens quite a bit. If you have the owners manual, look up filter settings and set it to F2 or F4 this will tell the spa to run 2 filter cycles with a duration or two or four hours. In some manufacturers they use a code of FC for continuous mode, others use a F6 or F8 mode. Main thing is to check and reset to a lower filter setting. We will take it from there once you confirm the setting.