Billy
Billy, Technician
Experience:  Licensed in Hydronics and Boilers
12672042

My name is ***** *****. I have a Blue Haven pool with the

Customer Question

Hello, My name is ***** *****. I have a Blue Haven pool with the SmartPure Sanitizer 2 Turbulent Flo-Chamber chlorine generator. Towards the end of the summer I noticed that my generator would not run due to "lack of salt". long story short, the salt content is fine but the generator sensors wouldnt allow the generator to operate because of an incorrect reading. The pool was built in 2007-2008 and all equipment is original. My guess is that the cell is on its way out and would need to be replaced. My pool is a custom shape gunite style that holds approx 28,000 gallons of water.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Pool equipment: AQL-PS-4-X288, AQL-PS-8-x288, AQL-PS-16-X288 is what the general owners manual states. Not sure which number is ***** Numbers on cell: 5E0706-2252171 (Blue Haven number). I would have to add a ton of salt for the generator to workbut then the salt level would be well above 4,000 ppm. I dilute the water back down to 3400 and the generator would display "low salt" and stop working. I confirmed the actual salt level with test strips as well as my local pool store test>
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Pool and Spa Experts generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Billy replied 1 year ago.

I am very sorry your question has not been picked up yet.

I just logged on and found you had not been assisted.

Please let me know if you still need help and I will do my best. Please do not "Rate" as we have not worked toward an answer yet.

If you would like to proceed let me know by replying. Once again use reply..not "rate".