Fix my Pool and Spa
Fix my Pool and Spa, Owner / Technition
Experience:  Over 24 years in pool and spa service and construction
30729442

My husband and I bought a secondhand hottub and got an

Customer Question

My husband and I bought a secondhand hottub and got an electrician to hook it up. However, the heating mechanism is not working, although it was working before being disconnected. Is there some kind of reset you know how to do?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The hottub is full of water and alternating between "dry" and "ice" messages. I think the jets are running, although it might be the air blower.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Pool and Spa Experts generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Fix my Pool and Spa replied 9 months ago.

OK well you have 2 different error codes going on. First the ICE code will always show when the water in the spa is at a temperature of 40 degrees or less. Now with that said the DRY code is indicating that the heater is running in dry mode meaning no water flow through the heater tube. You may just have an air lock in the pump. Open the cabinet up and locate the union on the front of the pump that supplies water to the heater and loosen the union (Breaker Off) let some water leak out and re-tighten the union then power the breaker back up and let spa turn on. Repeat this process as needed until air purges out and you get a good flow of water through jets then the DRY code should go away.