Rick
Rick, General Contractor
Experience:  Licensed construction supervisor with 35+ yrs. experience.
94766

HydroQuip 9700 spa control system has stopped working.

Customer Question

HydroQuip 9700 spa control system has stopped working. Control panel lights up but only shows on lower screen a temp of 50 degrees with thermometer icon behind it. No buttons work, except holding the programming key for 5 sec, but can not change any settings. Happened once before, resetting the breaker did nothing but turning off then on the switch on HydroQuip box restarted it fine. This time nothing. Spa still goes into filter mode twice a day on schedule.
Fuses look fine, connections are tight, wiring is intact, power flow is correct.
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Billy replied 1 year ago.

I am very sorry your question has not been picked up yet.

I just logged on and found you had not been assisted.

Please let me know if you still need help and I will do my best. Please do not "Rate" as we have not worked toward an answer yet.

If you would like to proceed let me know by replying. Once again use reply..not "rate".

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am still in need of assistance
Expert:  Billy replied 1 year ago.

I realize you said the fuses looked fine on the board but have you tested them?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have not. I was hoping that someone had had this issue before and could point me in a direction prior to just trying random things. Hydroquip has not returned me calls or emails and the company I purchased the system through wants me to pull the system and mail it to them for inspection.
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

OK, is the basement zone's LED lit? do you have 120 volts at the pump terminals for that zone?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I no longer need assistance. Thank you.