Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor
Experience:  owner of Island Pro-Craft
90350505

I have a Pentair whisperflo pool pump. It is 2 yrs old and

Customer Question

I have a Pentair whisperflo pool pump. It is 2 yrs old and has been working fine. Last night I heard it humming trying to come on but it would not. The Skimmer basket and basket on the inlet of the unit were clean. Could something be in the impeller stopping the pump from engaging/ working?
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Eddie replied 10 months ago.

this would be the process for this application

1-) fill any areas as best as you can with hydraulic cement......some areas might not fill so well and doing every little hole would be counter productive

2-) try and get any heavy dirt and grease areas up with rags and solvents before a washing

2-) muriatic acid and power wash the floor 4 parts water 1 part acid....go easy over the newly filled areas.....lift the power wash gun high over these

3-) neutralize and power wash with Borax..........same thing applies to the newly filled areas

4-) let the floor dry completely ....maybe a few days

at this point an acrylic or waterborne epoxy would be a good application

I hope this was useful and insightful and that you would consider rating my help to you

Thank you

eddie

Expert:  Eddie replied 10 months ago.

sorry I sent this to the wrong place

Expert:  Eddie replied 10 months ago.

did you see if you are getting suction from the pool skimmers or inlets?..........and do they have ample water in them ?