garrygoeson
garrygoeson, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Over 27 years Repairing Pool & Spa Equipment,Gas Heaters,& Whirlpool Bath Tubs. Certified by many Pool & Spa Manufacturers.
64048604

My name is ***** *****, the issue has to do with a 1998

Customer Question

my name is ***** *****, the issue has to do with a 1998 Sundance Spa 850. my air blower didnt work. i started to un-do the shoe clamps around it and then it came on. Note: the switch on the panel is not on the air switch is off. so i figured it was where wrong so i turned on the air pump. and got nothing but the air pump is stuck wide open and won't go off. I disconnected it from the circuit board till i figure it out. what do you think the issue is
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: nope i pretty much described it in my last message
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Pool and Spa Experts generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  garrygoeson replied 10 months ago.

Hi:

My name is Garry. I'll be glad to assist with your spa.

At the terminals on the board, where the blower connects to, measure across both terminals with a volt meter. Are you reading line voltage, (either 240 or 120 volts, depending on the rating of the blower motor) ?

If the switch for the Air Blower on the top side control is off, and you are getting line voltage at the terminals for the blower on the circuit board, you have a stuck relay. You might try shutting power to the spa, disconnect the plug for the top side control, and carefully clean the pins at the board connection. Then plug in the top side control and power the spa on. If the blower still runs with the switch on the topside control "Off", you will then need to replace the board.

Please post your findings here, at your convenience. Thank you.

Hi:

Just checking back to see if the info I sent was helpful?

Please let me know. Thank you.